We thought this round-up might be useful for following some of our recipes. We have 5 items that we literally can’t live without in the kitchen. Literally. But not really literally, we’d survive if we had to.
These items will make your cooking/baking adventures so much more fun and super simplified! Check it out:
1. The Immersion Blender is our best friend. We use it for sauces, soups, smoothies, and salad dressings. It’s so much easier to clean than your blender or food processor (HUGE perk). Salad dressings will have an emulsified creaminess that can’t be achieved with a regular ‘ol whisk. Throw together some herb leaves, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in and go for it. You’ll have a tasty dressing in seconds. Your soups can be blended to a creamy consistency, hassle-free, right inside the pot!
Try our Autumn Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette with your Immersion Blender!
2. Our trusty KitchenAid. This is probably a “duh” item for most of you but we can whip up 2 batches of rolls for the homeless every Thursday in less than 15 minutes. Bam, this thing is amazing. Do I even have to mention how easy Royal Frosting and sugar cookies are to make in it? Plus, Chrissy’s brother in law pimped it out with some amazing pin striping!
Try our Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with your KitchenAid!
3. Pyrex Measuring Glasses. The most versatile item in all the land. Be sure you have all three sizes because they all come in handy. Sometimes, all three at once. We even use the immersion blender and the Pyrex together when we make sauces. SO easy. Microwave and dishwasher safe, measurements of all kinds, super durable. You need these!
Try our Roasted Tomato & Garlic Sauce by measuring it out with your Pyrex Measuring Glasses!
4. My Microplane. This little guy can do everything. Almost. I like it best for zesting and grating garlic or ginger. I personally despise cutting ginger and garlic so grating it on this gives a paste like consistency that offers up so much flavor and makes it so easy to add to dishes. Zesting is also a piece of cake with this – easily add fresh citrus zest to your food in just a few seconds and it can add so much to a dish.
Try our Mini Lemon Vanilla Dutch Babies with your zester!
5. Comforting Crock Pot. With Fall in full force (everywhere except SoCal) and Winter around the bend, you must invest in this. They really aren’t very expensive (try Costco!) and your house will smell good for hours once you get something goin’ in there. Stew, short ribs, chili, carnitas, meatballs, casseroles, or just keeping something warm – there are endless options for slow cooking! Beware: Anything made in this seems to feed people for days…prepare yourself or have a party.
Try our Chicken Tequila Soup with your slow cooker!
With the holidays coming up fast (is anyone else stressed out about the Christmas items on display at stores?!), these are great items to put on your list for Santa or to buy for your friends and family. Hopefully our little round-up helps you narrow down some necessities in the kitchen. You can always email us if you have questions about any of these items!
From the Little Yellow Kitchen,